If you need to contact the District President on audition day, email district8@ ilmea.org. Or, you can call 815.277.9897 and leave a message. It will be emailed to me.
Auditions for Jr/Sr Band, Choir and Jazz will be held at Huntly Middle School, 1515 S. Fourth Street, DeKalb, IL 60115 on Saturday, October 8, 2016.
For specific information on Audition Requirements, find the link for your ensemble on the left.
General Audition Information
* 2016 Nomination Deadline (Band, Choir, Jazz) - September 16, 2016 - Nominations must be entered into the RNS by 5 PM, and payment and signed billing sheets must be mailed to the STATE OFFICE. (Postmarked 9/16) - In order to nominate students, you must complete a school participation form and send fees by 9/13. It takes a few days to be processed once received by the State Office. Strings from Both District 2 and 8 are part of the District 8 Auditions for the 2016-2017 School Year.
STRINGS - For the 2017-2018 Year - Please see District 8 for all audition requirements and due dates! D8 and D2 String schools - Make sure to write 2/8 on your participating form so that you will be activated in D2 for RNS nominations.
* An $8 audition fee is charged for every student entered in the RNS on the deadline (September 16, 2016 at 5 PM). Refunds for DNA's will not be awarded. If students are added after the deadline, teachers must submit an updated, signed billing sheet along with the $8 audition fee for each added student before the audition date. The District President will enter late submissions, so please email with requests for late entries.
* Schools must be paid in full before the audition date or students from their school will not be selected to participate in District 8 Ensembles.
* Changes will not be made on audition day. Double check that all students are listed correctly and that the teacher has entered the correct instrument, voice part, and ensemble when the audition schedule is emailed out.
* Each student is assigned an audition time. When nominating students in the RNS, leave the AM/PM button blank if you would like the scheduler to fit your school into the smallest time slot possible. If students have a special request for audition time, please submit the following information to the audition scheduler, Jason Mondello, via email: Student Name, Ensemble, Instrument/Voice Part, Grade, School, Reason for Request.
* Student Eligibility - Attendance - School Strike - District Participation (29.4 KB) - Statewide Policy - attendance policy, strike rules, eligibility requirements.